Further progress on the dreamcatchers. If you're wondering why this is taking so long, I work on it in drips and drabs when I dont have anything to work on at my job. Thankfully, those times are few and far between.
I think they are finally in the style I want them to be so I'll finish the third one and then move on!
Here's another project that I had been working on for a couple of weeks. This is a papercraft image of Bowser that I made for a Nintendo Illustration group that my friend started. It was a very fun project. I love paper craft, even if it does take a ridiculous amount of time to make something :P
Above are some thumbnails and notes. I went with number 6. Just below is a loose sketch of Bowser's pose as well as colored layers to find out how to give Bowser dimension.
^ Final color choices for Bowser. Unfortunately, color choices tend to come out different between media, as seen below...
^ Paper craft Bowser!
And the final artwork. I'm very pleased with how this turned out. I tried some new things with his character, like using thick, sticky tape stacked-up to give a few layers to Bowser's legs, arms, and head.
Further progress on the Dream Catcher staves. If anyone is wondering why its taking so long for me to finish these things, it's because I keep scrapping the color studies and starting over. I think these guys are the closest I'm going to get to the style I want for them.