Monday, August 27, 2012

Sketch Pages 637-638 and some fossa studies

 Did some fossa studies.  I've had several people tell me I should paint more - do more color studies.  I have a question:  When does painting become fun?

I do it so little because 99% of the time it looks like I spat up on a sheet of paper and turned it in.  I have no idea what I am doing and I don't feel like I improve at all.  Most of the time I'm frustrated to the point of tears.  Does anyone else feel this way?  

That being said, I'm still going to practice.  I need to learn this if I want to be a creature designer.  I just hope that some day it will a fun exercise rather than a grueling, disappointing one.



^quick sketches

 ^quick line sketch

 ^attempt at 1 layer
 ^several layers with multiply/screen

 ^gave up

^reference

No comments:

Post a Comment