Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sketch Pages 34 and 35- random critters

Well, today Jillian, Aurora, Ben, and I had a wee little get together at the Roxy to discuss our respective personal stories and just-hang-bro. I had a lot of fun :3 Rather than doing life studies, I just drew random critters and doodles.



^The top guy is just a fish with a cane. Ben said he looks like a Pokemon :(
The bird is Skriks, an original character of mine.



And this
is
...


CATDUCKCRABICORN EATING THE KING OF THE FISH
OHHHHHHHHH MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Storywise, today was quite eventful for me. I've had this epic tale flitting around in my head for about 10 years now and I just couldn't figure out how to get it off the ground. First, I began it when I was 11 years old so the story and characters were very mary sue cliche derp. Second, I have so many characters! The entire story needs a revamp so I just avoided it.

However meeting with friends forced me to focus on the universe in my head. I really don't want to let it go. That being said, I am gonna work on understanding the universe better and perhaps break the story up into many short stories. That way I can illustrate as I go and the task of writing it down will not seem quite so daunting. woop woop

1 comment:

  1. BEEP BEEP WOOP WOOP

    ...I couldn't help myself. :D

    I am still really excited about all the discussions we had regarding our stories. It's just like Ben said: even if we're not specifically focused on structuring our worlds, characters, or whatever, we're still getting feedback that will help us think and analyze our own works better. Best working situation I can think of - with friends!

    CATDUCKCRABICORN IS SO MAJESTIC. <3

    ReplyDelete